That’s ’cause the Sennheiser MM 50 iP is a dual-function stereo music and talk headset.
“The MM 50 iPhone now works brilliantly as a music, podcasting, VoIP, Skype & iChat headset on the latest 2008/9 MacBooks,” Sennheiser’s blurb states.
The function control will handle track selection / pause, etc in iTunes on Aluminium 13, Pro 15 and 17 MacBooks from late 2008 to 2009.
And if you’re using the latest software on an iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120 GB) or iPod touch (2nd generation) you can access Audio Note recording and music control.
The headphones’ “very high efficiency” also helps prolong battery life, which is especially important on the iPhone.
The MM 50 iP is available in black everywhere, but those seeking Apple’s signature white version need to head to an Apple Store.
Some additional info:
* Supplied with three different sizes of ear adapters for a perfect fit
* High isolation against environmental and ambient noise
* Good bass response, excellent clarity, smooth treble
* Natural sound reproduction and strong dynamics
* Integrated in-line microphone with convenient answer/end button
* Asymmetrical cable for optimum wearing comfort
* 3.5 mm mini jack, 4-pole
* 3 ear sleeves (small, medium, large)
* 2-year warranty
Frequency response 18 – 22,000 Hz
Impedance 16 Ω
Sound pressure level 106 dB
Frequency response 80 – 15,000 Hz
Pick-up pattern Omni-directional
Colour Black with chrome highlight
Ear coupling In-the-ear.