“The hunt ends here: the new Marantz high quality lifestyle CD receiver M-CR502 will amaze you in both look and feel as well as in audio reproduction,” says a very proud statement from Marantz. At just 280mm width x 111mm height x 302mm depth and 4.2kg, that’s big talk for a small unit.
“Sure, its compact dimensions will delight those looking for a music source to fit into the dinkiest of spaces. And, yes, its chic aluminium cabinet – finished with a shiny black fascia – delivers one of hi-fi world’s cutest boxes. But first and foremost, this is a system to be listened to,” says another unapologetically brash PR statement.
So what’s inside this little fella?
(Continued on next page)
Well, the specs include:
* High-quality lifestyle CD-Receiver system with 4 x 25 Watts (6 Ohm)
* Playback of CD and CD-R/RW, as well as MP3 and WMA
* USB interface for audio playback
* High-quality digital amplifier
* DAB/FM and AM reception with total 50 presets
* RDS function with station name and radio text indication
* Automatic tuning function for easy radio channel installation
* Easy to use button layout on front panel operation
* Clock and Sleep timer function
* Powered Multi-room operation for one extra room
* Sound tuning for selected speaker system by digital filters
* Front AUX-input
* Headphone output and tone control
* Several in- and outputs, including subwoofer out for system expansion
* Bi-amplifier operation
* Detachable power cord
* Solid metal front panel and dedicated remote control
Marantz has even ensured that the cables aren’t visible when looking side on thanks to “some clever cabinet construction”.
The Marantz M-CR502 CD DAB receiver will be available in March at a UK cost of £499.90.