UPDATE: This competition has now closed. You can find a list of winners here.
Bendy bullets. The coolest innovation in blockbuster movies for a long time. Now you can get your own chance to take out targets hiding around corners thanks to Wanted: Weapons Of Fate, which is out on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. And Absolute Gadget has a couple of copies of the Xbox 360 game to fire out in your direction.
Based on the James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie film Wanted, which recently debuted on DVD and Blu-ray hi-def from Universal Studios Home Entertainment, it follows on from the actions of that elite team of assassins who live by an ancient, unbreakable code.
Wanted: Weapons of Fate is an intense, third-person action-thriller that takes combat to a new level with iconic techniques and moves drawn directly from the film — such as “Curving Bullets” and “Assassin Time” — as well as an innovative, multi-layered cover mechanic.
The storyline of the game picks up where the film leaves off, providing fans with a new stage to explore in hero Wesley’s journey to becoming an unparalleled enforcer of justice. The game allows users to play through another chapter in the epic fiction of the Fraternity.
In development since early 2007, Wanted: Weapons of Fate is released today on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 and PC.
For more information on the video game and the film, please visit the official Wanted game website.
Two lucky winners will get their hands on an Xbox 360 version of the game. To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
Which Scottish actor stars in the movie ‘Wanted’?
A: James May
B: James McAvoy
C: James Morrison
The competition ends at 6PM GMT on Friday 10th April 2009. Please email your name, address and answer before that time to
(See next page for competition terms and conditions)
Terms and Conditions
1. This offer is only open to UK residents. The UK address you provide with your competition entry will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
2. Names and addresses of the winners may be supplied to the company offering the prizes for the dispatch of prizes, but will not be given to any other party. The names and addresses of all other entrants will not be passed on to any other party.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a competition, the decision of Absolute Media shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. Employees of Absolute Media or any company involved in the competition or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the competition.
5. Absolute Media reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the rules.
6. You may enter the competition as many times as you like. However, where a winner has been selected and Absolute Media discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, Absolute Media may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these rules.
7. There is no purchase requirement to enter a competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
8. Prize winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries, unless specified otherwise in the specific competition rules, within 28 days of the closing date specified.
9. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Absolute Media reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
10. Additional expenses, including all taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other costs such as meals or personal expenses, upgrades etc. are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, unless specifically stated.
11. The closing date and time for this competition is 6PM GMT on 10 April 2009.