Western Digital said it has received “tremendous feedback” and “some great suggestions to improve” the WD TV HD Media Player from its community of users. And it’s not sitting on its hands with that info, having incorporated the best advice into an online update.
The product enhancement is designed to make the user viewing experience better than ever and the download for your media player can be accessed by clicking on this link (full instructions are on the page).
So, what’s new?
Well, Release 1.02 includes all previously released updates and adds:
* Enhanced cover art, album art, and thumbnail support for media files
* Additional subtitle languages and decoding support
* Improved media playback and navigation
* More audio formats for MKV container
* Fixed bugs reported by the WD TV user community
* Even more video file formats supported
* Improved subtitle support. Additional advanced features added
* Enhanced Matroska (MKV) support for chapters and subtitles
* Enhanced media playback and navigation
* Improved power management.