Tickets to this year’s British Grand Prix are selling out fast as fans rush to see British hopefuls Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton battle for the prestigious F1 championship title. The Royal Air Force, sponsors of the British Racing Drivers Club and Silverstone Circuit, are offering 1 lucky winner and 3 mates the chance to attend the Grand Prix as its guests.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. Congratulations to Paul Howard from Warrington who scooped all four tickets.
To highlight the shared technology between top-level motorsport and cutting-edge aircraft, the RAF have partnered with Silverstone Circuit and the BRDC to bring the meaning of Engineering Excellence to life. Winners will be able to visit the RAF’s fully operational base which is open to the public. Here they are welcome to find out what it’s like behind the scenes at the RAF, learn new skills, take on exciting challenges like the climbing wall, and see if they have what it takes to be one of the best.
RAF in the Field will demonstrate the RAF lifestyle when on operations and over the course of the weekend 30 lucky people will be spending the weekend living the service life while the RAF Regiment and Engineering Liaison Team highlight the need for Engineering Excellence both within the RAF and on the track at Silverstone. A racing car not only shares technology with the fighter jet but above all promotes the reliance on a team of highly skilled people who know how to make them perform and push the boundaries of engineering. By encouraging Engineering Excellence, the RAF can ensure that they continue their tradition of being at the peak of the engineering profession.
RAF in the field is taking place at the British Grand Prix 19-21 June at the Silverstone circuit, Northamptonshire, NN12 8TN.
For further information about Engineering Excellence within the RAF please visit the RAF Engineering Excellence website.
To be in with a chance of scooping all 4 tickets, answer this simple question: which racetrack plays host to the 2009 British Grand Prix?
Send your answer, along with your full name, address, telephone number and valid email address to
(Terms and conditions on next page)
Terms and Conditions
1. The draw is open to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged 18 or over, other than employees of The RAF, their agencies or their families. Only one entry per household.
2. There is 1 prize consisting of: 4 tickets to attend all three days of the 2009 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX as guests of the RAF from 19th- 21st June at the Silverstone Circuit, Northampton, NN12 8TN, UK.
3. No transport is included with the prize.
4. The prize is subject to availability.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. No cash alternative will be offered for the prize.
6. No purchase necessary. Entries must be emailed to competitions @ absolute gadget.com to arrive on before the closing date of 31 May 2009, with full name, address, telephone and valid email address included. Only one entry per person. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will not be entered into the prize draw.
7. The winner will be the first correct entry drawn at random by an independent person. The Winner will be notified by email on or before 31 May. The Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prizes if the winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time (to be established at the Promoter’s sole discretion).
9. A list of prize winners may be obtained by written request by sending an SAE to 27 Peascroft House, Willesden Lane, London NW6 7YQ on or before August 31 2009.
10. The winner may be required to participate in publicity events after the draw and by entering the promotion acknowledge their consent to take part in publicity and for their name/photo to be published.
11. The Promoter is not responsible and accepts no liability for the management, actions, performance and conduct of the cleaning business and/or its employees/agents. The Promoter makes no guarantee about any aspect of the quality or performance of the cleaning business and accepts no responsibility for the cleaning business declining to provide its services for reasons of their own (such as geographical restrictions). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant or the winner resulting from the use of the prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
12. By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these terms and that the decision of the Promoter is final and binding in all matters relating to this promotion.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw this Free Prize Draw without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
14. The Promoter is The Royal Air Force.