Buffalo Technology has announced the launch of a device designed to enable “fast, secure backup and storage of media content.” The DriveStation AV will even backup content via media players and gaming systems such as the Sony PlayStation 3, as well as the usual systems such as desktop and laptop computers.
Available from July, the 1TB DriveStation AV has a recommended retail price of £109.99, while the 1.5TB version costs £129.99 and a 2TB version will cost £159.99.
A spokeswoman said that the “stylish, compact” table-top device has a piano black glossy finish “to fit seamlessly into your home environment.”
The drive uses a standard USB 2.0 connection to connect to other devices and has an LED across the front panel to tell users how much free space is left on the disk.
The DriveStation AV has a maximum data transfer rate of 480Mbps and works with computers running Windows XP, Vista and 7, as well as MAC OS X 10.4 or later.
Key features include:
* Dimensions (W x D x H): 174mm x 158mm x 45mm
* Weight: 1.4Kg
* Buffalo Tools suite of complimentary software – TurboPC and TurboCopy
* Buffalo SecureLockMobile software to secure your data and prevent unauthorised access
* New Power Savings Mode for Windows
* Drive automatically powers on and off with your PC.