Samsung has struck a deal with WHSmith to flog its E60 eBook Reader – and it’s available online now at WHSmith.co.uk and will be available in-store on August 26. Samsung has also knocked a third off the expected asking price – it’s now £200, rather than the original £300 that was touted.
And if £200 still seems a bit pricey just to read books, it’s worth checking out the E60’s options, which include:
* A 6-inch screen with slide-out control panel
* Wi-Fi 802.11b/g connectivity
* 2GB internal memory storing more than 1,200 books
* SD memory card slot
* Support for global eBook formats ePub, PDF and TXT
* Text-to-Speech engine to read books aloud
* Built-in MP3 player to listen to audio books or play music whilst reading
* Built-in dictionaries
* Handwriting functionality, allowing reading selections, calendars and notes to be annotated using a dedicated stylus pen.
Toby Keir from WHSmith said he expected the Samsung eBook Reader to prove popular with the store’s customers.
“The ease of use combined with the sleek design and Wi-Fi functionality offer customers a unique product in this market and we’re confident it’ll be a great success with book fans,” Keir said.