And while one foot per second might not sound so speedy, that’s enough to make the Skitterbot the fastest micro-robotic toy commercially available according to creator Desk Pets International.
Other features include:
* A built-in battery for quick & easy USB charging
* A quick 30-minute charge gives 15 minutes of playtime but a full charge offers “hours of playtime”
* Forward, backward, left, right, and stop buttons on the remote.
* Flashing red eyes pulse when robot is idle
* Colours include red, blue, green, and a clear shell.
The Skitterbot is available now for $19.99 (around £13) from Toys “R” Us and Radio Shack stores in the US.