Tesco has launched its first ever shopping app for Apple’s iPhone. The supermarket already has apps for its Clubcard and Winefinder, but described today’s announcement of a shopping portal as “a landmark moment” for the company.
Once installed, customers who have registered with tesco.com groceries will be able to:
* Add and remove products from an existing order
* Search for and add products, browsing by department, shelves, aisles etc.
* Browse their regular purchases using ‘Favourites’
* Book a delivery slot
* Display nutritional and storage info for certain products
* Integrate their mobile grocery shopping with the same order on a computer and then checkout using their mobile phone or online.
Tesco’s free iPhone Grocery app can be downloaded directly from the Apple iTunes Store.
Laura Wade-Gery, CEO for tesco.com said the supermarket was always looking for ways to make life easier for its customers.
“The iPhone app creates a fantastic new way to shop with tesco.com whenever you want, whether you’re adding last minute essentials or starting a new order,” she added.